How to get rid of a hickey quickly has crossed just about everyone’s mind at some point in their life. Most of us have gotten one at sometime during our lives from an over excited friend suction cupping themselves to some part of our skin until the blood vessels closest to the skin break causing a bruise. Usually more often then not hickeys usually appear on the, but can happen anywhere on the body.
I don’t know about you but there is nothing worse when you are a teenager than having to go home and face your parents with a big hickey on your neck for everyone to see. So how do you get rid of a hickey once you have one?
How to Get Rid of a Hickey
Ok, so you have this hickey on your body for everyone to see and you have to hide it well you have a few options available for hickey removal. Some are great if you need to know how to get rid of a hickey fast, while others are good tricks for getting rid of hickeys if you have a little more time and just need to know how to get rid of a hickey overnight.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
If you don’t have much time and you need to know how to get rid of a hickey in minutes here are two quick solutions for you:
- Put on a turtle neck or wear a scarf weather permitting. This trick only works if it is cold outside, other wise people will know something is wrong and will start snooping around.
- Use make up to cover up your hickey. If you are a woman it should be quite easy to do, but if you are a guy and have a hickey you might have to ask the woman that gave it to you to help you out with this hickey remedy.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey Overnight
Both heat and cold are good for minimizing and sometimes removing hickeys if you notice the hickey soon enough.
- Heat - Apply a moist hot compress to the area. You will have to re-moisten and heat the compress up several times, but after a little while the hickey should disappear.
- Cold - Applying ice in either a zip lock bag or a wash cloth is one way to do it. Another way that was recently recommended to me was to take several large metal spoons and stick them in the freezer till they are good and cold. Then apply each spoon one at a time on the hickey until they get warm again.
Here are a few other ways of how to get rid of a hickey that some people uses.
- Massage the hickey - Gently massaging the hickey will sometimes help to disperse the blood that is just underneath the skin to make the hickey go away.
- Applying pressure - Applying pressure while twisting an object with a rounded end over the hickey will sometimes work to disperse the blood and work it deeper under the skin. Chapstick tubes works the best for this technique.
- Vitamin K - Rubbing vitamin K ointment onto the hickey will also sometimes help it to lighten up and fade away faster
Other Terms for How To Get Rid Of A Hickey
Here are a few other search terms that you can use to find out how to get rid of a hickey if you didn’t find what you were looking for here.
These are just a few ways of how to get rid of a hickey. I did a huge write up in an earlier post titled How To Get Rid Of A Bruise that will give you a lot more ways of how to get rid of a hickey that isn’t covered here in this article.